Dynamo Girl: A Positive Approach to Puberty
February 10 @ 8:30 am - 12:00 pm$150.00
On Sunday February 10th from 8:30am-12pm Dynamo Girl is offering our third puberty workshop for parents and their daughters. Our goal at Dynamo Girl is to help girls and their parents approach puberty as something positive, empowering and exciting. The workshop will include sessions for girls and their parents together as well as separate sessions to dive deeper into both the physical and emotional manifestations of puberty.
For the GIRLS
- Understanding of female anatomy, the different stages of female puberty and what emotional changes to expect during this time.
- Overview of boys’ anatomy and stages of boys’ puberty.
- Tools for the girls to manage the physical and emotional changes they are experiencing and ways to manage the impact those changes have on their family and friend relationships.
- Role play around relationships, consent, difficult feelings and emotions.
- Consent: how to define your own physical boundaries and respect the boundaries of others.
For the PARENTS
- Overview of what we are teaching the girls about women’s anatomy, the different stages of female puberty and what to expect emotionally from your daughter during this time.
- Unpacking parents’ own experience in puberty and practice speaking to daughters, partners, friends about puberty.
- Tools for parents to help their daughters’ manage the physical and emotional changes they are experiencing and the impact on their social lives.
- Consent: how to empower your daughter to define her physical boundaries and respect the boundaries of others.
Dynamo Girl Faculty
The workshop will be run by Mary Pat Draddy, LMSW and Dynamo Girl Outreach Director, and Sue Steinberg, MPH and Middle and High School Health Educator at the United Nations International School.