You know how they say that with kids the days are long, but the years are short? My kids come home in 10 days and I can tell you that the adage should be: with your kids away at camp, the days are short, the weeks are short and the months are short. THEY JUST LEFT, what are they doing coming home?!!! What have I done all summer besides pick lint out of my bellybutton? OK, I’m not being fair to myself. I actually accomplished a fair amount, just not what I thought I was going to accomplish, set out to accomplish or hoped to accomplish.
Here’s my running list:
- I woke up in the morning without a sense of panic.
- I remembered my dreams for the first time in 15 years.
- I went to the market about 95% fewer times than I do when my kids are home.
- I remembered who my husband was and found that I quite like him.
- I spoke on the phone in a leisurely fashion!!!
- I listened to a LOT of Indigo Girls.
- I finished conversations on street corners.
- I enjoyed spending time with other people’s children.
- I realized I much prefer my own home to hotels.
- I watched TV guiltlessly at 5 in the afternoon.
Well, what did you do all summer?